Tarheel Travelers Events Calendar
We hold a variety of rides, dinners and social events each month.
We meet regularly at different locations for rides, meetings and dinners to exchange ideas, socialize and make important decisions affecting our club. We hope that you will come by sometime and join us !
The Tarheel Traveller Calendar presents all of our events as well as active links to other organization's events in the region for the convenience of our members and visitors. You can access the Printer Friendly version in the lower left of this web page.
TT Outer Banks Experience
Those that want to join us need to do the following: BOLD NUMBERS: 1,3,4,
1. Make a reservation at the Econo Lodge Crystal Coast in Morehead City, NC for the night of April 26th (252) 247-2940. Tell them you are with the Tarheel Travelers.
2. I will notify the Rudy Duck of how many for dinner.
3. Make a reservation (800) 293-3779 or online at ferry.ncdot.gov. for the Cedar Island to Ocracoke Ferry for 7:30 am April 27th. We will rise early and bolt to the ferry to sign in by 7:00 am so we will depart for the ferry at 5:45. Remember…Last year we couldn’t get on the ferry!
4. Make a reservation at the Comfort Inn, 1601 South Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC (252) 441-6333. Again tell them you are with the Tarheel Travelers. We have 10 rooms blocked at a discount.
5. After we arrive we will have dinner across the street so drinking is ok since we will be on foot! The ride home is the northerly route off the outer banks and back roads home.
The second trip is to Beat the Heat in Little Switzerland, NC in July to get out of the heat. The MSTA club has invited us to join them at Big Lynn Lodge July 18-21. This is their regional rally and it tends to be very well attended. We will not have to join their club.
The event is on the web at: http://msta_se.com/BLynn/
Those that wish to attend need to: WORD ON THE STREET—ROOM S SELLING FAST - DON”T DELAY
1. Call Big Lynn Lodge (828) 765-4257 and make your reservation. Do the reservation as soon as possible because they are known to book up! There are overflow options.
2. Register for the event by going to the website and filling out the registration form or email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a form. For the MSTA membership # enter (Tarheel Travelers)
3. The form has two columns(keep reading, in the newsletter), first one is for the rider and the second one is for the pillion. Each bike has to have a form for the rider. The rooms have a preferred rate of $120 including 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. It is a good deal.